oriri-food-store

Demetria Obilor: Nigerian TV anchor refuses to be body shamed by white woman

No Comments
Demetria Obilor is not letting body shamers put her down

Demetria Obilor of Nigerian descent didn't allow a Facebook troll body shame her.

Demetria Obilor who is the traffic anchor for Channel 8 in Dallas was recently attacked by a white woman because of her body shape.

The white woman named Jan Shedd disapproved of Obilor's outfit and curvaceous body on her Facebook post.

"Has anyone seen channel 8’s new morning traffic reporter. She’s a size 16/18 woman in a size 6 dress. She looks ridiculous. I understand that when I watch Channel 8 I’m going to get biased reporting and political correctness, but clearly they have taken complete leave of their senses"  Shedd wrote on Facebook. She further threatened not to watch the TV station because of the  Demetria Obilor who is of Nigerian descent.

 

Her rant caught on quick and she got dragged for her body-shaming statement. Twitter had a field day. Even Grammy Award-winning rapper Chance The Rapper got in on it. African Americans supported Obilor and blasted the white lady for her comments.

 

On Friday, November 3, 2017,  Demetria Obilor posted a Facebook video, thanking those who have supported her.

 

"Hey everyone!

"OK, so I'm waking up from my Friday nap, right? Apparently to some controversy... but a whole lotta love.

"The controversy is coming from people who aren't too happy with the way that I look on television, saying, “Oh her body is too big for that dress or she's too curvy or her hair is unprofessional. It's crazy. We don't like it.”

"A quick word to those people, this is the way that I'm built. This is the way that I was born. I'm not going anywhere, so if you don't like it, you have your options.

"Now to the people who show love. I love you right back.

"You know when you look a little different, people think it's OK to talk to you a little different. And I'm on TV, I can't clap back how I wanna clap back all the time.

"So I'm always taken aback and forever grateful for everybody, people I don't even know, who come to my defence, stand next to me and say, “You know what Demetria, you don't have to put up with this.” And I love you for that" she said in her Facebook video.

 

Jan Shedd would later backtrack and say her initial comments were not racist.

 

Yeah we know, thick thighs save lives. Don't be a hater. 

ALSO READ: It's a fool's act to body shame celebrities

Demetria Obilor is the only Nigerian in the pubic space that was body shamed last week. Former Big Brother contestant, Uriel was body shamed online because of the shape of her boobs.

 

She posted a series of videos on her Instagram page where she spoke about those who are body-shaming her over her boobs.

 

" I am proud of my body, I am a proud African woman, I am proud of my big saggy boobs, these boobs will feed my children," Uriel revealed.

Uriel who was visibly emotional went on to talk about how she has over the years tried to look good in the eyes of the public.



from pulse.ng - Gist http://ift.tt/2h5yEYl

What do you think? Leave Your Comments Here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top