oriri-food-store

Wale Fagbere: Pastor denies being stricken by 'gods' while destroying Shrine

No Comments
Shrine

Pastor Wale Fagbere has denied the claims that he was stricken by 'angry gods' during his attempt to destroy a shrine.

A pastor in Ogun state, Wale Fagbere, who was reportedly transfixed while destroying a shrine in Aiyetoro, has denied being stricken by gods.

ALSO READ: Idol worshippers beat Catholic priest to state of coma

Mr Fagbere who is the presiding pastor of the Christ Apostolic Church(CAC), Ona-Iye parish, Ayetoro, has said his posture was mistaken for paralysis.

Speaking at a press conference organised by the Ogun  branch of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Abeaokuta, Fagbere claimed that none of the charms tried on him by the traditionalists, worked.

Earlier reports revealed that the clergyman was stricken while in the process of destroying a shrine in Ketu community of Aiyetoro in Yewa North Council Area of Ogun on Tuesday, September 20.

According to the reports, Fabgere only regained consciousness after some rite were carried out on him, followed by an intervention from the Alaye of Ayetoro, Oba Abdulazeez Adelakun.

During the conference, Fagbere said that he only stood still and was silent at the scene which was required of him in conformity with what God asked him to do.

Telling his own side of the story to newsmen present at the conference, Fagbere said:

“About what happened at Ayetoro, it was from God and direction from  the Holy Spirit for the deliverance of Ayetoro from darkness.

“God told me that I should go to the shrine to bring out those things for the liberation of Ayetoro.

“When I started what God told me, He told me to do three things in the shrine .

“He said that when I get there, I should evacuate; I should step aside and remain silent when people come out to see me. So, I did exactly as instructed by God on that September 20 .

“I got  there around 5.a.m. and after  I took out  those things, God told me to wait and stay and I did so.

“It was not their gods that held me transfixed or struck me;  it was the idol worshipers that struck me with their charms.

“When I was taken to the palace, I told them that all my actions were directed by God and not human beings or the church of God.

“Although, they tried many charms on me, none was effective on me. I only followed the instruction of God that I should be quiet and they too know the truth,” he said.

The state Chairman of CAN , Bishop Tunde Akin-Akinsanya, described the reports on news mediums and on social media as highly exaggerated, adding that the body fully intended to correct ever misconception concerning the incident.

ALSO READ: 3 die as traditional tree falls in Enugu market

Meanwhile, the Regional Coordinator of Yewa/Awori Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN),  Apostle Lola Dada, alleged that the custodians of the shrine came to the briefing and demanded for money from the family and CAN to appease the gods.

“They demanded for things they claimed they wanted to use for sacrifice.

“They asked the family of the pastor to pay N300,000 while CAN should bring N200,000,  making it N500,000  for the sacrifice to appease their gods.

“However, no money was given to them and peace has returned to the town,” he said.

Although Fagbere is facing charges of malicious damage and act capable of breaching the public peace, the case may not go any further.

According to the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, the case might not go further as the traditionalists “were dragging their feet on the case.”



from pulse.ng - Gist http://ift.tt/2dIgRqf

What do you think? Leave Your Comments Here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top