oriri-food-store

Johnnie Walker: Scotch whisky joins 'Father's Day' celebration

No Comments
Happy Father's Day

Today on this Father’s day, we gather as a family, three generations of men, enjoying this bottle of Johnnie Walker

Whilst growing up my dad and I didn’t always get along due to our different personalities until one very memorable day when I found him lying unconscious on the floor.

That was the turning point for our relationship. The thought of ever losing my dad drew me closer to him.

We became friends…He helped me through my final year project, my first job interview, waited for me at the NSYC Camp gates when I was graduating.

ALSO READ: Johnnie Walker unveils Don Jazzy as its new Joy ambassador

Through my relationships, he was my biggest confidant and even in marriage, He showed me how to be a supportive husband and loving father to my kids and today our close father-son bond has helped in building and nurturing the relationship with my 20 year old son.

Today on this Father’s day, we gather as a family, three generations of men, enjoying this bottle of Johnnie Walker. I can only be thankful at how far we have come together as a family, starting with me and my father in that hospital room.

The only tiny regret I have is that my mother is not here to share this moment; to see how close I and my father became, how we’ve progressed, and how emotionally connected we are now.

But then, I cast a look at my father and his grandson, my own 20-year-old boy, sharing a joke over their glasses of Johnnie Walker scotch and I know that my mother would be looking down on us with gladness in her heart now.

The sight fills me with so much joy and happiness. I am indeed blessed to have these people as family.

We are family now, closely knit, and as this year rolls into the next, we approach it together as a family… we progress with joy.

Thanks daddy,

For teaching us to blend principle and compromise,

For showing us progress and not denying us joy.

Happy Father's Day



from pulse.ng - Gist http://ift.tt/263okWl

What do you think? Leave Your Comments Here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top