oriri-food-store

Child Abuse: Police arrest 41-year-old man for raping 4-year-old girl

No Comments
Rape

The insisted on her claims that Baba Adura raped her, though the latter said he was trying to help wash her spoon.

The Lagos State Police has arrested a 41-year-old man identified as ‘Baba Adura’, for raping a 4-year-old girl when she was in the toilet.

According to Punch, medical tests conducted on the girl at the Mirabel Centre, Ikeja, in the Lagos State University, showed that she had been sexually violated.

The little girl narrated her account to the police.

She said, “Baba Adura entered the toilet, removed his belt and raped me.”

“When my sister came back, I told her what Baba Adura did to me.”

The victim’s mother, Kehinde, mentioned that the case was reported to the chairman of the residents’ association in the area.

According to her, the victim made vehement claims that she was assaulted by Baba Adura.

READ: Woman holds her daughter down as her boyfriend rapes the teenager

Kehinde said, “I went to plait my hair on that day. I came back around 8pm and my younger sister, who lives with us, told me what my daughter confided in her.”

“I informed my husband on the telephone and he told me to report to the chairman.”

“The chairman invited Baba Adura and my daughter told the chairman the same thing. But Baba Adura denied it.”

Baba Adura has however denied the claims. He said he was only trying to help the victim wash her spoon, which fell as she was eating.

 “I only helped her to wash her spoon after it fell while she was eating.

“In the evening, I was surprised when the girl said I raped her. I did not do anything to her. I am married with three children.”

“I only assisted to wash her buttocks last year when her mother was not around.”

A rape charge has been brought against Baba Adura at the Apapa Magistrate Court.

Mrs. O.A. Adegbite, the presiding magistrate, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The case has also been adjourned till June 9, 2016.



from pulse.ng - Gist http://ift.tt/1MZ4iDK

What do you think? Leave Your Comments Here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top