oriri-food-store

#Interview! Ipublicizenaija interviews HBK rapper Mr BASKY

No Comments
Ibrahim Haruna Junior (born November 19, 1993), better known by his stage name, BASKY, Is a Nigerian Rapper, songwriter & record producer. He is best Known as the leader and co-founder of music collective HBK (high breed Klan), and has either rapped on and directed songs on nearly every HBK release. Basky also creates all the artwork for the group’s releases and is said to be co-directing their videos. He’s currently under management by an outfit recognized as TEAMBASKY. Enjoy the interview.
1.Hi! Okay o. First off I wanna ask please where did the name 'Basky' come from?
- Well,it was a nickname I picked up from back in high school.
2.so u rap and produce also correct?
- Yes boss,I rap,sing,produce, I'm learning to play a few instruments also.
3.Tell me about HBK.
- HBK is a family of young individuals and it represents a lifestyle,a music group and a clothing line, there are still more sides to the company. we have lots of plans in the works, but for now 'TheBaskyProject' is our main focus.
4.what age can u reckon u decided to go into music?
- when I was 13,I decided I wanted to be a musician, but I didn't know how soon everything will take shape.

Aboki Freestyle – Basky
5. Who introduced you to the audio editing software which I heard u learnt yourself.
-lol..I came across the software called 'Audacity' years back on a computer at home,actually thought it was a game,so it had my attention for a while, after about 4 days,I recorded my first track with it so I was using that and my skype headset microphone to record songs till like 08 when I started using proper studios
6. Tell me about your mixtape which u released.
-The Proof mixtape, it contained most of the songs I did in high school, I compiled them and put them up on reverbnation and the reviews were crazy, so from there I was motivated to keep working.
DOWNLOAD
Disco Pemperempe(produced by D’tunes)
Mobile Download
Download the club version of disco pemperempe here
7. And your EP?
-HiGH DEFiNiTiON!!...that's as much as I'll say,expect greatness.
8. Any future collaborations we should look forward to?
-i've worked on some collabos with some very talented people from different backgrounds to add depth to the project..but Gentleman remix is one I'm very sure will get a lot of reviews cos of the people featured on it.

Loke(produced by E Kelly)
 
9. Okay let's go personal..so how did your parents react to your choice of career?
- lol..as usual they didn't want it but you know, things are taking shape,and they're proud of my art.
10. Any siblings?
-i've got 3 sisters and a brother..I'm the last.
11. Relationship status. Single or taken?
-very single...searching for Mrs. Basky
14.ok I always ask this. Where do you see yourself in five years?
- I pray to have achieved international success with my music, that's what we're looking at..international standards.
Gentleman(produced by E Kelly)
 
 
15. And what are your views on the entertainment industry here in Nigeria.
-Nigeria is still developing, we are the giants of africa in entertainment but I fell there's still more room to improve.
16.might u consider collaborating with ice prince. Seeing as though u have a freestyle version of his Hit song Aboki.
- Everybody loves ice prince!. Why not?
17. And we are to expect more from you before the year runs out yes?
yes...most especially High Definition the mixtape which would be available online

CONNECT WITH BASKY ONLINE VIA

Twitter - @OFFICIALBASKY, @teamBASKY
Reverbnation - www.reverbnation/ItsBasky

What do you think? Leave Your Comments Here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top